At least I have never

The home of schadenfreude, where you can take comfort in the fact that no matter what your most hideously embarrassing moment was, there is always something worse that has happened to someone else and you can rest safe in the knowledge that at least you have never done that.

Monday, May 21, 2007

language barriers

At least I've never confused the name of the town I'm staying at overseas with the word 'cunt' in that country's native tongue, and on the same day confused my forehead with my foreskin. At least I've never done that, but my poor confused country boyfriend in the not-so-big smoke of rural Finland did yesterday.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Tiny Tones said…

    Poor G - you know he can't help it that he's not articliate.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I moved offices today and was sent a new phone list. "oh my GOD" screams I - "there's someone in this building called Katie Cockhead". Woman opposite GLARES at me and says, " actually it's pronounced 'coke-head'" Well that's alright then. Either way I can't look the poor gak monkey in the face.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Tiny Tones said…

    Peabody - Oh. My. God.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home