At least I have never

The home of schadenfreude, where you can take comfort in the fact that no matter what your most hideously embarrassing moment was, there is always something worse that has happened to someone else and you can rest safe in the knowledge that at least you have never done that.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

a sticky finger (not to mention filthy)

At least I've never left the pub so drunk that I didn't notice one of my fingers was missing (although this has more to do with me not losing a finger to date than anything else...) until well on my way home. To add to the humiliation, the hospital had to ring the pub, where staff found the missing digit in the toilet. At the time of writing, the finger is waiting to be reattached. Bleurggh.

At least I've never done that. On the other hand...

Anyway, full story may be found here. If I'd been the pub staff member to find it, I would have flushed it.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Tiny Tones said…

    My hind legs have been missing my whole life and it's never held me back.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger fake adult said…

    And you like a finger up your bottom, don't you. Actually, I...

    Better not go there.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger She de la Handbag said…

    Am I the only one to think 'The Rocks' police sounds quite cool?

    Hi, I'm with the police. The Rock police (yeah baby).

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger fake adult said…

    Well, you get your arse over here and we'll get you some of that.

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger zuzula said…

    i've left many things in bars over the years. Wallets, handbags, coats, dignity. But my fingers are intact... i think

    wait... how many are you supposed to have?

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger fake adult said…

    Depends on ancestry I suppose. I'm sure there are some parts of Finland where it's a lucky dip when it comes to all that. Something to do with cousins marrying for, I don't know, a millennium.

    What is this dignity you speak of?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home