At least I have never

The home of schadenfreude, where you can take comfort in the fact that no matter what your most hideously embarrassing moment was, there is always something worse that has happened to someone else and you can rest safe in the knowledge that at least you have never done that.

Monday, July 16, 2007

not couture

At least I have never been the buyer for a chain of luxury designer clothing stores, stocking the best labels in the world. Despite my repulsive, virulent personality, I've managed to wrangle my way into this position, and even prospered in the job. After a couple of really good years and continued support and approval from the owner, my confidence regarding my buying abilities builds to the point where during one buying trip I lose all common sense and perspective, not to mention track of actual figures. By the end of my rampage, I've committed the company, amongst other things, to dozens of pairs of 'sandals' that in actual fact look like the mongrel offspring of a diaper and a Japanese geta sandal, and make the wearer look absolutely bonkers. I mean, only Bjork could get away with these things, and only if she was wearing a crochet toilet roll cover as a hat. All in all, I've managed to go $900.000 over budget. I lose my job and for the next year I'm only able to secure miscellaneous freelance work.

At least I have never done that. But all this has made me believe in karma.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I really like your site. It makes me feel better about my life.

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger fake adult said…

    Welcome. That's exactly why it was started.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home