At least I have never

The home of schadenfreude, where you can take comfort in the fact that no matter what your most hideously embarrassing moment was, there is always something worse that has happened to someone else and you can rest safe in the knowledge that at least you have never done that.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

The one where its good to be early ...

And so ... at least I have never been planning to visit my friend in Edinburgh for one last shindig before she moves back South of the border. The week long booze-a-thon has been meticulously planned for months on end with tickets pre-booked for the fringe festival, with the first show booked for that very first evening.

We whip ourselves up into a frenzy of excitement, and I text her regular updates as I begin the long journey to the airport. I arrive at the airport and sashay over to the check in desk and so begins the long debate with the check in clerk as they cannot find any record of my ticket reservation or even in fact of my flight.

The reason? My flight does not leave until tomorrow and I am in fact a whole 24 hours early. I then sheepishly call best friend on my mobile to explain.

At least I have never done that ... but I was on the other end of that phonecall. Sweetheart, sometimes you still amaze me;)

6 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Tiny Tones said…

    Am laughing till the tears run down my face. Poor love!!!!! Still, better to be a day early than a day late. Priceless.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger fake adult said…

    good work (z?)

     
  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger george said…

    that's hilarious, I laughed so hard I nearly wee'd my pants....

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger zuzula said…

    i can't believe i managed to do that... and i was so flustered by it all i accidentally walked into the gents toilets instead of the ladies afterwards! i should never have got out of bed that day

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Tiny Tones said…

    Was this after a night of passion with Monte Cristo by any chance? Might explain why you were so addled.

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Tiny Tones said…

    Hmmm - it seems Zuzula's gone all invite only. Whatever caused that? And may I expect to receive an invite?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home